Friday, July 17, 2015

A Trucker's Life


On our recent trip out to Ohio for a family reunion, we drove along Interstate 80. The big eighteen wheelers are intimidating, but hubby reminded me that--for the most part--they drive in a conservative manner. He followed one truck for a long while because the rig was traveling at a steady speed. Later, when it was my turn at the wheel, I wound up doing the same thing. I got behind a truck with a pace that seldom varied.

When it was time for a brief break, we pulled in at a truck stop. I love truck stops. Aside from good coffee and food, the stores are filled with a variety of items--everything from electronic gadgets to clothing. I bought a T-shirt for my father with an interesting camouflage design. When I returned home and gave it to him, I told him he could go hunting now. :-)

He asked me if I was going to write a book with a truck driver as the hero. I laughed. There's always that possibility.

No comments: