Thursday, August 19, 2021

Which Books Would You Read Again?

Once, when I was looking for a few excerpts for a talk about strong heroines, I picked up this old book. I bought it eons ago--already used. Despite the picture on the cover, the heroine is very strong-willed. My children were quite young when I first read it. Once I opened the cover, I could not stop reading it. I remember sitting in the rocking chair and reading it in a rush and enjoying every moment.

It became a keeper.

When I intended to casually glance through it and pick out a few choice quotes for my talk, I got caught up in the story--again. I could not put it down until I had reread the whole thing.

I've read Jane Eyre several times, too. I know there are readers who hate that book, but to each his/her own. Jane Eyre is another book on my keeper shelf.

What are your favorites? Which books would you read a second time? Or a third time?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Re-reading a book is like traveling back in time to that first read, except you get something just a little different. I love re-reading Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Green Gables. I also re-read The Great Gatsby, Absalom, Absalom, and poetry (I could read the same poem a hundred times!).