Thursday, April 14, 2022

Happy Easter from 1957

There's me on the right, perched on the fence. My youngest sister isn't there because she wasn't born yet. We all look good in our Easter finery, but the interesting part about this photo is the car. My parents purchased the car in a little town alongside the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Dad had been driving us all out to visit my maternal grandparents when the old car broke down, late at night. There was a small hotel nearby but the restaurant had closed for the night. However, there was an ice cream parlor so my parents gave us ice cream to eat for supper, which I thought was terrific!

Fortunately, there was a used car dealer nearby, too. My parents handed in the old clunker and bought the black car you see in the photo. The next morning we were back on the road and soon able to spend a delightful week with my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins.



2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Pffft! What a lame excuse, not being born yet. She should be there!
hthdraw 10900

Penelope Marzec said...

My sister was a gleam in my father's eye--evidently--because she was born the following spring. :^)