Thursday, April 10, 2008

E-Publishing Workshop

The maiden voyage for our PT Cruiser was a road trip to Charlotte, North Carolina. Hubby and I listened to some of our favorite CDs as the miles went by. It was much greener in North Carolina than in New Jersey--also much warmer.


It rained on Saturday, the day I presented my talk, but the Carolina Romance Writers greeted me warmly so the weather did not matter. :^) They have a wonderful meeting room and the food at the Hickory Tavern is terrific. However, I was not brave enough to try the shrimp and grits.


Hubby and I did some sightseeing on Sunday. There's an aviation museum in Charlotte with plenty of old fighter planes. We also checked out Lake Norman, and the Carolina Historical Museum where there was a wonderful exhibit with large toys.

We headed home to NJ on Monday. We were quite surprised when we pulled into a rest stop on Interstate 85 and saw three vanilla PT Cruisers pull in beside ours. A fifth one pulled in a few minutes later. It was an amazing coincidence.


I suppose it is a very popular car!

2 comments:

Just Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi. I haven't been keeping up with the blogs in my reader, but it looks like you had fun at the workshop and how strange about the cars!

Great to see you again!

Nancy

Leann said...

That must be a VERY popular car and color over there on the east coast. I've been looking for pt cruisers and vanilla ones here and have seen very few. Must be us country hicks over here on the west coast prefer trucks. LOL